Recently SNL performed a skit portraying President Obama as a do nothing "President". Below is a snippet from About.com:
"Saturday Night Live" opened its show with a particularly harsh send-up of President Obama last night. The critique focused on failed promises, as a checklist repeatedly appeared to the right of the screen that had "NOT DONE" checked off next to the following categories: global warming, immigration reform, gays in the military, limits on executive powers, torture prosecutions, closing Gitmo, withdrawing from Iraq, improving the status of the fight in Afghanistan, health care reform, etc.
Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/04/snl-obama_n_308979.html
Your views of President Obama may coincide with this view, that he has not accomplish any thing up until the present time. But I would like to pose this question to you. Knowing how the government works in the United States Of America what do you expect for 9 months of work?
I am no Sherlock Holmes but I know this, the image of this country was looked down upon through out the world! The last Administration did not inspire us, it did not give us hope. What I recalled about the last 8 years was war, greed, fear, Hummers, $40,000 tax breaks etc. etc.. etc...Enron,K Street on and on!
Now what we have is a constant barrage of insults and rhetoric of President Barack Obama running this country into the ground. Versus insulting The President why don't all of his critic do something to help?
I do not recall any member in the Republican party during President Bush administration advocating for universal health care? I do recall the Republicians wanting to take money out of the Social Security Fund and investing it in the stock market?
I want to congratulate President Obama for being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. It is well deserved because of what he has bought to the table. The ability to inspire hope through out the world in 9 months! I wonder what would have been the reaction if President Bush was awarded the prize?
Administration@HopesofObama.org
Friday, October 9, 2009
Critics of Barack Obama/ SNL Skit
Labels:
Bush,
critic,
Fear,
Greed,
Health care,
President Obama,
SNL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment